Followers

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Back to School Cards!

Hello!  It's Wednesday! 
That means it's time for a fun new challenge at
This weeks challenge is "School with ABC - 123!"
I just love this theme challenge! 
There are so many creative possibilities! 
I have made two fun cards! 
This is Fresh Brewed Designs, "Angel Cake School Day"
I used Stampin Up punches and number dies and MFT grass dienamics
The dp is DCWV BABY GIRL Stack

This is using Fresh Brewed Designs, "Best Teacher"
I found this pencil shape card pictured on line and came up with my own similar version.
Here is the link

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!
Pop on over to Fresh Brewed Designs
and pick up your School Digi and join in on the fun!
Also don't forget to check out all of the great cards posted by our fabulous design team to inspire you at our
Then there are convenient tabs at the top of the blog for you to keep informed about all of our latest events and challenges!
We have a very exciting BLOG HOP coming up on
September 8, 2011
for our brand new Rubber Stamp Release! 
Mark your calendars so that you can join us!
YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THEM!!!
On a personal note, my thoughts and prayers are going out to everybody who has been effected by Hurricane Irene.
I know that half of my town is still without power and they may not get it back until Saturday!  My oldest married daugher is one of those still without power.  She has moved back home with us.  We are all so grateful that it's been pleasant weather.  People have been able to keep warm and comfortable and cook on their grills.
Our largest grocery store is only selling dry goods.  They didn't have a generator back up for the refridgerated and frozen goods.
More than half of the local restaurants are closed as well as doctors offices and businesses.
Everybody is helping each other though.  People with power are inviting their friends and neighbors over for hot meals and showers.
I hope that everybody is well as I keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs, Sheryl

I am entering these cards into the following challenges
Paper Play Challenges    Back to School
All Sorts Challenge   Back To School
Creative Card Crew   Anything Goes
Wee Memories     Back To School
Fairy tale challenge Blog   Back To School

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE these projects Sheryl! Each of them are so inspirational and beautiful. I love the colors you chose for sweet little Angel cake. The pencil shaped card is BRILLIANT!! What a fun card!!!

    I am so sorry to hear that your town is still dealing with the effects of hurricane Irene. That breaks my heart. I do hope that everything is back to normal soon and they can fix the issues they are having trying to get the power back on. Sending hugs and prayers to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygoodness sheryl! these are both so so darling! the pencil shaped one is so amazing it looks like art on a teacher's wall! :) so sorry your area has been hit by irene. hope everything is better and back to normal soon. take care and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card, Thank you so much for entering my “back to school” challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, great back to school image. Thank you for joining in the Totally Papercrafts Challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That´s such a lovely card! A little schoolgirl will be so very happy about it! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very lovely card, nice colors.
    Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
    **Karla

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful work. Great.
    Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards! I love your school time pencil card! Very Creative! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!
    However, to be considered for the prize the combined number of entries can only be 4.

    ReplyDelete