Followers

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mother's Day card with Butterflies

Mother's Day is just a week away! 
I made this card using Stampin Up Natural Ivory, Concord Crush and Lovely Lilac.
The main card is Natural Ivory cardstock.
I used my SU Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder with Concord Crush for the second layer.
I added som violet ribbon before glueing this piece down.
Then I stamped the SU Bliss scroll onto some Natural Ivory cs with Lovely Lilac, cut it and rounded the two top corners.
I added a strip of SU purple decorative striped paper to the bottom front.
Then I used my SU scallop edge border on a scrap of violet cardstock.  I added this piece along the
bottom back of my stamped piece.
I added SU Victoria Lace around my stamped image piece starting at the top of the decorative paper.
After I attached this piece with dimentionals, I had lots of fun decorating.
I used my SU Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die for one of  the butterflies.  Then I stamped the pretty butterfly from the Bliss set using the Lovely Lilac and cut it out.  I used the new SU large decorative label punch
to punch out my "Typed and copied sentiment".  (I didn't have a stamp to use for my sentiment.)
Ribbon, flowers, pearls and stones were added to complete my card from my stash of treasures!
This is how it turned out!

Thank you so much for looking!

3 comments:

  1. I took the basic design of this card from a card that was posted from this link. http://dostamping.typepad.com/dostamping_with_dawn/2011/02/index.html
    Thank you, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sharing this card in the Ogres have layers challenge at Splitcoast Stampers! http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/free-all-f45/f4a62-ogres-have-layers-04-29-11-a-t527031-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Sheryl. Love the colors, the damask image, the butterflies... just perfect. :o)

    ReplyDelete